What could be the benefits for ….?
Management of higher education institutions
More attractive HEIs via a developed internationalisation strategy, more professional HEI support staff, enhanced support networks:
- background knowledge for better evidence-based decisions about internationalisation
- an online service tool to help map, structure and plan institutional welcome services for PhDs and academics
- onsite and/or online training for their professional development tailor-made on a basis of identified needs
- cooperation with local/regional/international stakeholders
Administrative and support staff
Better defined competences, enhanced skills, professional community of service providers:
- portfolio of support services for incoming international academic staff including good practice examples as an inspiration
- onsite and/or online training tailor-made based on identified needs
- network of colleagues – professionals in internationalisation
Incoming PhD students and academics
- Easy access to assistance before and during their stays
Staff at the receiving host department
- Stronger welcoming environment to attract and retain international talents and raise the international prestige of their institution, less administrative workload.
- Increased opportunities for networking and collaboration.